Wednesday, July 2, 2008

License/Basement

Wow... What a great day yesterday was! First, when the letter comes in the mail that I can get the next step of my Driver's License, my mom flat out told me that she is not going to let me get it. She gave a few half-assed reasons for this, but we went driving right afterwards, and nothing of the like she described happened, and I'm not sure I've ever even had things like that happen...

It's almost like my parents don't trust me anymore. I mean, my mom has actually told me that she doesn't trust my best friend that we've known since I was in first grade. He doesn't do drugs or drink or smoke pot or anything, and she doesn't trust him. I honestly don't get it anymore. Is she actually listening to Chris now? Doesn't she know that my stupid brother openly hates me, and that he refuses to trust me, no matter what I do?

Then, even better. We had a huge downpour that evening, and around 9:30 PM, our basement started flooding. I mean, how can you top off a day like that other than to have to deal with a huge downpour, and stop your basement from flooding?

Ugh, what a mess. I don't wanna try and drag out this huge issue, but I really want my license, I mean, it's been six months of waiting, and the TELL got -really- old after about two weeks. When I get this license, I'll be so much more self-sufficient! I won't have to rely on everyone, and be such a huge burden on everyone... What's wrong with that? There's way worse drivers than I am on the road, and I don't get why she's worried when I passed the Driver's Ed test with complete ease...

Maybe I'm just not seeing the whole issue, and I'm dragging out the fact that she's said that she doesn't trust my friend too far... Either way, I guess I just need to figure out for sure, but I don't know how... And now certainly isn't the time to start anything like this.

I really just wish I could have that unshakable feeling that my parents trusted me completely again, and I don't even know where that feeling went. I just hope it can come back again, or things are gonna get... Tough.

No comments: