Saturday, July 5, 2008

I HATE CARPET

So, after all the flooding in the basement, family decided to start tearing up carpet early... And, that has sucked. We got all the carpet up, after moving several very large things, but, then we had to take out the rotted tack strips because they're old, and mud + water + old = ROT.

Do you know what an annoying process that is? You have to take a small chisel, and then force it with a hammer under the glued down wooden strips, hoping you'll get something up. Yeah... No fun.

At least it's done....

After doing that for a mind-numbing few hours, I cooked dinner! My mom watches over constantly, but she let me do most of the actual cooking today. Honestly, I am really surprised I haven't set anything on fire yet...

I keep expecting to mess it up and burn dinner, but no such misfortune so far. I guess I'll just keep trying it, and if I can learn how to do it right, that should be a great help for college/later life.

Besides, It beats ripping out the freaking carpet.

No comments: